Tuesday, 18 February 2020

TECH TASK#2 Personal Learning Network PLN

I reviewed all the information to read on my personal learning network and what that looked like for me.  Then I read research and stats about the digital world and students and what parents think.  I feel that as a teacher it is important for me to grow my PLN and connect on a digital level.  It allows me to stay current and share innovative ideas on pedagogical topics I am not only passionate about, but also what I require more education on.  I only have a small number of professional development days to attend in person.  The onus is on me as a professional to learn and grow educationally.  As teachers we NEVER stop learning unless we choose to.  PLN's allow us as educators to formally learn world wide and expand our own thinking and learning. Well what might my PLN look like?



I use facebook to connect with colleagues that are far away, LinkedIn for professional connections, edu blogs for learning and sharing ideas.  I use Instagram for keeping in touch with my professional community and fellow instagram users for their classrooms.  I am constantly searching for new Ted Talks and Pinterest ideas that spark ideas in the classroom or inspire me to think differently.  I have just started to incorporate MOOC's and Twitter in my learning network.  One Note helps me keep organized sans paper (I LOVE IT!!) and create a collaborative learning network by linking colleagues from other provinces and countries together.  I look forward to expanding my PLN in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment