I was slowly dipping my toes into this new and strange Twitter world. Very slow in fact that it took me quite awhile to understand #hashtags. . .but don't quiz me or anything mmmmkay Mike?
A couple weeks later I was at the point in my "Twit" career that I started following EVERYTHING and the I became overwhelmed.
So I tried using Tweet Deck and that helped, and I also realized I needed to unfollow irrelevant people and subjects. The most important thing I learned is that if you don't try, you won't learn and get better at Tweeting. Sounds simple but it's not. Most people don't start or they start and they drop it.
I did find that I was responding to Tweets or at least looking at my phone for an ungodly amount of time. With assignments due and laundry to complete, I realized I should turn off my notifications and set a time aside just for Twitter and get some work and laundry done already!!
I also took awhile to figure out how to use the # properly
EXHIBIT A:
Now I know how and it's not that big of a deal to me!
This post links my Twitter account to my post about resources in my Blog. I haven't done this before and it's all baby steps. I am not exactly sure how to get it to look more appealing than a link. I'll work on it and figure it out. . .
I am thinking of ways to involve students and engage them (age and grade appropriate) to learn and share what they know as well. I am grateful to be in this class as I have already learned so much and I have even more to learn in the future!




No comments:
Post a Comment