HEY!! I've learned how to increase my font size!! Small victories one day at a time, right Mike? I am trying to release my Tasks as I finish instead of all at once to save you from being bombarded and as I learn I will share what my journey has taught me ..... oh blogging can be so painful but rewarding 😝😅😅!!
Ok, one of my favourite internet resources for elementary(K-5) science is Mystery Science!!!
This is a resource you have to pay for, so if you have room in your budget I HIGHLY recommend this in your classroom.
There are many options and lesson plans to choose from. Kids love the videos, activities and collaboration. These lessons are engaging and make science fun. That is why I love this internet resource and did you notice that I LOVE SCIENCE?
SAMPLE LESSON:
You will see that the students watch a short video with Doug(the creator of Mystery Science and the narrator in all the videos) explaining what the topic is about. He poses questions along the way and asks the class to stop and turn to a neighbour and discuss the question. Then the video continues and there is an activity the students complete. Mystery science website has resources you download and print for your students to complete the experiments/activities. There are also supplies you as a teacher gather or ask your students to bring into the classroom for the experiment.
Here is a sample of one lesson of Mystery Science:





yes, small steps are better than no steps! Nice writeup of this resource!
ReplyDelete