Saturday, 8 February 2020

TECH TASK #1 GO ON GOOGLE YOURSELF I DARE YOU, , ,

What do I see when I google myself? I see my LinkedIn profile, A school division email that  I completed a student teaching placement in.   A family history site I didn't give permission to be in.  As far as images are concerned only one is of me and it is not at the top of the page.  Interesting, really interesting. What are some things you can do to protect your digital privacy online? Check out this link to a short video. blob:https://www.consumerreports.org/4981af3f-e4ab-4476-a544-ea062d5dec1f
I feel that making students aware of their digital identity/footprint is important. They are often using technology and may not be aware of the information they are sharing while online or how they are being influenced by the things they buy.  I would rather inform students than have them learn the hard way. 

 Online resources that I use are mostly professional like LinkedIn for example.  I do use social media like instagram and facebook as well.  I use a twitter account, mainly for university and more specifically this class.  It is interesting all right.  Before this class I was leaning towards becoming more unplugged.  However I am seeing that this journey is becoming more about managing my online presence well.  I am learning more and more everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment