Sunday, 12 January 2020

Week 1 Post-Introduction

My name is Stephanie Puchailo and I am an Integrated B.Ed student about to begin my final placement and graduate!  I major in native studies and minor in geography.  I love learning and look forward to continuing my educational journey after I graduate in 2020.
I am currently in some fantastic courses for my last semester of Education.   Internet for Educators is the course I am blogging in and so far it scares me. Blogging in general scares me.  Thoughts like "Do I have anything important to share?" or " Will people criticize me?" come to mind.  As I do not have a lot of experience with blogging, I am practicing having a growth mindset as I work toward articulating my thoughts effectively.
I wanted to take this course to better prepare myself for teaching and learn more about tech in the classroom.  This course is stretching me out of my comfort zone which is exactly what I wanted. 
I am looking towards 2020 as a year of exploring the unknown.  I'm not going to add a list of resolutions for the new year, but rather challenges to myself.  I don't want to sit on the sidelines and wonder "what if" this year.  I want to look back on 2020 and say "Wow! I DID THAT!"
I'm going to explore some resources for helping to develop a growth mindset in my next blog post.
Please don't hesitate to leave a comment about how you are stretching yourself out of your comfort zone. If you have any growth mindset resources you wish to share please do.
 I look forward to hearing from you!
~Stephanie

9 comments:

  1. Loving the blog so far Steph! You are doing a great job with someone who is not very technology savvy. Also I may need a few hints as to how you got my blog to look as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your first ever blog post! You’ll do great in this class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement Josh! It is greatly appreciated. You are definitely one to follow as you seem to be tech-no-fied!

      Have a great week,
      Steph

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your layout is amazing. Great first blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing job. I really like the vibrant background image. You are so right, there are so many apps that we can integrate into our classrooms. The students will love them. All the best on your wonderful journey. M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Martina,
    I hope to learn a lot from and in this class. Also there are quite a number of classmates like yourself that have years of experience with technology. Thank you for your encouragement. I appreciate it!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete